Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yama Mama!

So we toured the dorms at the University of Hawaii. They're super-nice. Definitely a potential place to stay. Caprice was our tour guide. She was really nice and we asked her where we should go for a good, authentic Hawaiian lunch. We definitely got it! She recommended the Pig at Yama's Fish Market. Man it was good! Not what I expected, but delicious! I'm pretty sure we were the only non-Hawaiian people there. Most of the menu items sounded scary. Only two tables, and they were outside.
We're not in the tourist district any more.

We'll be meeting with the Pastor of our partner church shortly. The trip has been very productive so far. It's shaping up quite nicely. It's going to be a sweet trip! Speaking of sweet, they had some interesting desserts inside. I think I'll go see what I can find...

No comments: