Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cheetos & Snapple

So our grueling airport adventure has begun. Instead of booking a direct flight, El Jefé booked a layover in Maui. Now, normally I'd be thinking, "Hey! Another island!" The timing, however, will not allow us to leave the airport. Our first check-in person seemed a bit confused. I think that us changing airlines on Maui was disorienting. We're going to have to go to baggage claim, get our bags, go back through security, check in again, pay another luggage fee, and sit for six hours on another crowded plane. We are truly suffering for Jesus! ;-) If only we had snorkeled this morning, it might have been worth it.

I also forgot that you can't bring any liquids through airport security, so I got to throw away the completely-full-still-sealed bottles of water I bought for the flight. I'm dumb.

And since we're flying a little Island hopper, we're in the tiniest section of the
Airport. Smaller than Long Beach even. Only one snack stand means lunch is Cheetos and Snapple. Well at least it's my all-time favorite: Diet Peach Tea. And the company is the always-zany El Jefè Bum!

Perhaps we can get into mischief while waiting an hour and a half with nothig to do and only Cheetos to eat...

More to come from Maui. I wonder what will happen there?

P.S. - it's a good thing we got the optional insurance on the Rental Jeep. The dent in the fender was spotted instantly. Of course, you'd have to be blind to miss a chunk like that (check my facebook for a photo)

No comments: