Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wild Animal Park...

So yesterday was the Animal Kingdom. Disney definitely goes all out for prettu much everything. I've been to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego and they have nothing on Disney. The Animal Kingdom is sort of like a big Disney style zoo. The safari was really cool. We rode in a big truck right through lions, tigers, & bears. Well - lions & a bunch of other cool anumals anyway.

Next we encountered the Yeti on a sick rollercoaster. It goes forward up to the literal top of the track.There's nowhere to go but back. So you go backward through a pitch black cave where it feels lik you're going througj a loop. then the Yeti comes out & screams at you, and you go forward through a whole new track. Very cool. Very different.

The parade was the lamest Disney Parade I've seen. There were definitely some cool things in it, including a big hidden mickey that I spotted on one of the cars, but definitely NOT one of the better parades.

We finished off with a trip to Downtown Disney. Florida definitely has us beat here. We went to Disney Quest. It's basically a huge 4 story video game place where every game is free (well, not free since you pay to get in, but no quarters necessary).

I got to design my own roller coaster and then get is a roller coaster simulator & ride it. Very cool. California needs a Disney Quest for sure!

Today is Epcot part two. Epcot is so big that it takes two days to see it. Tonight - another trip to Downtown Disney & maybe the comedy club there.

Oh - the wallet adventure update: Thanks Gretchen for fedexing my passport & extra card. Now I can get on the plane. I'll get back the $500 charged to my account, but it appears that it will take quite a fee phone calls. After about 5 calls with 4 or 5 transfers each time, I have to call back again today. Joy!

Okay - off to the Experimental Prototype City Of Tomorrow!

Rob

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hey Rob!
Sounds like fun....except for the wallet part & the AA delay. I have experienced AA in a similar fashion(never again...tyvm)

How did someone steal your wallet? You're a slight of hand expert?

Corey & I had a blast @ WDW & EPCOT a few years back. You're sooo right "@least two days to see it"

hey...with this blog...it's like I still know you.....LOL

Peace