Monday, April 21, 2008

Planet Wisdom

So.
We're back from Planet Wisdom.
It was a good weekend.

To start things out, Friday night was basically with Mark Matlock throwing pots. No - he wasn't throwing things at us. Throwing pots is the term for making pottery on a wheel. He not only taught on Jeremiah 18:1-6, but he actually had a pottery wheel on the stage and put clay on it and formed the clay into a pot. He talked about our interaction with God and how He molds us.

Watching the spinning clay was mesmerizing. It really was a great way to teach us about being in God's will and surrendering our lives to Him.
The rest of the weekend was good as well. The "Skit Guys" did an amazing job. These guys are soooo funny and can also do great drama that really hits home. After talking about the weekend with the students, the pot throwing and Skit Guys seemed to be the highlight of the weekend.

Of course, being in charge of 40 teens at a nice hotel is its own interesting vibe. The security guard, who we chatted with a couple of times was very nice. No complaints about him. The manager - well, that's a story for another time. But the students were great and I have no complaints. We have a great group of students and I love being on trips with them. Sara didn't fall into the pond this time (I guess we only get that in the capital) but it was still a fun time.

What can I say about the beach other than "not enough time." I think I'd have to live in a beach house my entire life to even begin to think I'd been at the beach enough. We'll be back. And soon.

All in all - a really good weekend. HUGE thanks to Gretchen for arranging all of our meals and getting us all set in the hotel. Thanks to Alan and Sherri Arnet for driving us around, and definite thanks to the adult leaders that gave up their weekend to be with the students. I appreciate you guys more than you know.

Rob
<><

P.S. - I just watched the promo for Wildwood this Summer. I'm very excited about camp this Summer. It's all I can do to wait until June 29 when we get there. Sign up quick - there are only 47 spots total!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

I took ceramics as an elective my sophomore year of college. Ever since then I have a great appreciation and respect for those who can throw pots. Ha, it's not as easy as it looks.

And I love the jars of clay illustration in the Scripture so much more since then.