Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I CAN paralell park! I promise...

Is what Jeff said after the fourth try at paralell parking. On the first try, I thought he was going to hit the parking meter, thereby not having to deposit quarters in it. On try four, when he stopped and we got out, I continued to laugh as we weren't very close to the curb and at quite an angle (if only I'd had my camera...)

Yesterday was quite different. We were scheduled for our Capitol tour at 11:00, but the place we were supposed to check in apparently had no record of our reservation in spite of many assurances from the Redlands office of Congressman Lewis that we were there and ready to go. Since they had no tickets for us, I headed over to Congressman Lewis' Office. I was thinking as I was walking in what an amazing country we have. I was able to just walk in to a high government official's office with no appointment or anything. i just walked in. They were very helpful and when we weren't able to get in on our original appointment, they sent over two staff members to give us a personal tour. We not only got to see everything in the Captiol, but also got to see Congress in session. (Now that wasn't exciting, but definitely interesting)

The rest of the day was great. We saw the National Archives (Declaration of Independence, etc.) walked on the Mall for a bit, and then headed over to the White House. Several people earned points playing "Group Photo Commando." Amanda got busted by a guy pushing a cart of potatoes while playing the "Tap Game." All in all, everyone had a great time.

Today, we're headed over to Arlington Cemetary, the Lincoln, Vietnam, and Korean Memorials. Then a stop in Ford's Theater and a few other adventures.

So I'm going to sit back, finish my Venti Soy No Water Chai and then we're doing our Quiet Time and heading out.

Hope y'all are great - we're really looking forward to our all-night adventure travelling home.

Rob
<><

No comments: