Saturday, April 26, 2008

The UN-Happiest Place On Earth

So travelling across the country on American was definitely NOT the best. Perhaps this is why they're having problems. Or maybe it's a result of their problems. Anyway.....

As many of you know, I'm off to DisneyWorld for a week in the Magic Kingdom. (I haven't been here since I was 16, so I'm pretty stoked about it, but I digress) Ontario was ok. The 1 - 1/2 hour layover at DFW turned into boarding more than a half hour late. Then, after sitting on the runway for a while, our Captain came on & told us we were #35 in line to take off. I thought "haha this guy is kidding!
He wasn't.

So after at least another hour and a half just sitting there, we finally took off. The only positive was that my Mom had made me some of my favorite brownies, so I survived. (My parents had driven 45 minutes to get to see me [& meet Stacy] for about 20 minutes during my layover. I guess they love me.)

After spending enough time in that plane to go to London & back, we were about to land, thinking "FINALLY!!!" we were suddenly climbing again. I was now thinking "are you kidding me?" Apparently there was a cargo plane on the runway and we had to loop around & try again in 20 minutes.

I miss Jet Blue.

So we finally land & get our luggage. Getting the rental cars was easy. Stopped at Waffle House for dinner (mmmmm! Waffle House!), & made it to bed after an 18 hour travel adventure.

I'm sure it will all have been worth it in about 2 & 1/2 hours though. That's when DisneyWorld opens!!!

As Tiggee would say: TTFN
Rob

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Your mom told me they were going to try & meet you. She came to see us during our move! It was a nice visit. Wish they could come more often! Yea! for the brownies- UGH! for the sitting on the plane! Too bad you couldnt have visited with your mom & dad longer!!
*reminds me of the time I sat on the plance for 3.5 hours to fly 45 minutes!