Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Solo Time

One of my favorite things about Wildwood is the emphasis on Scripture. Many years back, when several staff members were discussing the formation of a new discipleship camp (I don't think they'd come up with the name yet), it was decided that one non-negotiable element of the new camp would be an emphasis on personal Bible study and prayer. This continues today each morning at camp when we head out with our "Bible-Book-Pen" for our Solo Time.
As a youth pastor, it's so great to see my students sitting down and studying scripture for an hour or more every day here at camp. Every year we've come here, I've had many students tell me that one of the most significant times for them at camp was when they sat down each morning to spend time un God's Word.

No comments: