Monday, June 27, 2011

Guest Blogger #2

Tonight, one of our recently graduated seniors wrote a blog about being back at Wildwood...


Hey, this is B.K. Bader :) this is my third time at Wildwood. My first year I came in a cast and that was... A difficult yet ultimately amazing and inspiring experience; that was four years ago. Now, this is my last year as a camper, still Wildwood hits my heart in a very special place, close to home. So many factors: the amazing staff, the quiet stillness of nature around me, the purely fresh air, the echo of Evan's voice through the valley, the majestic scenery, and not to mention the feeling that God is evermore close behind me, breathing on my neck and watching my heart and soul, all have a combined effect that makes Wildwood so great. My first year was a special year because my cast gave me the privilege of hanging out with the previous camp director Rich Ferreira and my pawn at the time Evan Griffin, now the new camp director, and not to mention the beautiful lifeguard Katie and the rest of the staff, which actually, to my greatest amazement, remembered me the next year, I conquered the ropes course with a cast on my foot and hike Wildwood's epic hill countless times and rode shotgun with Evan during the late night special events.
Not just me, but the rest of my youth group had epic memories and experiences of godly encounters and unforgettable new relationships. I love Wildwood deeply and so do my brothers and sisters in Christ, it is a special and sacred place that I could never forget and coming back my third and final year (as a camper) I can't help but feel sentimental and already in love with my pawns, David and Aveinne, who are fantastic and hecka chill (Totes-my-goats), I am privileged to write this blog, both as a thank you from the bottom of my heart to Wildwood and as my last sincere farewell.
Wildwood has helped bring my heart and mind closer and closer to God every year, there is something spiritually special about Wildwood, that you must experience for yourself.

Thank you, Wildwood and staff. Thank you IBC. And thank you God.
Bader signing off.

No comments: