Saturday, June 25, 2011

Camp!

So we head out to camp in the morning. I'm all packed and ready to go. Only a couple of things I couldn't find and get packed (but I'm sure I'll manage, so don't fret on my behalf).

Camp is always a great time. One of the things I love about Wildwood is the "no watch" rule. There are quite a few things to love about Wildwood, but the removal of schedule is one of my favorite things. Our culture is so "GO-GO-GO!!!" all the time and we're so schedule-oriented, it's refreshing to be removed from that.

And no cell phones!!!! It's so great to not have to worry about any of that. Now - I will have some limited internet access so that I can post pictures and some reports from our students (at least we usually do...) but not being online and connected for a week is always a treat.

I'm especially excited about this year's theme: "Ginosko Theos," which is Greek for "know God." This afternoon in a message at Resolved, John MacArthur pointed out that worship is theological. It is induced by truth, not emotion. Our worship will rise to the level of our knowledge of God. The more we know about God, the more we are able to worship Him.

Since Wildwood is all about knowing God and spending time in His Word, it really reminded me how important things like camp are in the lives of our young adults. We can never force or coerce one of our students into becoming spiritual, but we can provide opportunities for them to get into God's Word and truly focus on Him. This year's theme is about doctrine. We'll be looking at some of the major doctrines of the Bible at camp and how they impact our lives.

What we know and believe about the Bible, about God, about ourselves, and about Jesus really does matter. That will be our focus this week. Pray that we all come back changed as a result of our encounter with Him. We'll be spending time in His Word daily. Each morning we head out into the woods to spend time reading His Word and praying. If you would like to come alongside us and do the same devotions that we're doing at camp, check out the SIX33 Website. The devotion guides we're using each day at camp are posted there.

In the meantime - watch this video.
Dug Down Deep

Oh - and check back often for pictures and updates from both me and our students through the week.

Soli Deo Gloria!
Rob
<><


No comments: