Sunday, June 26, 2011

Guest Blog #1

Throughout the week, I'll be posting pictures, some thoughts, and inviting some of the others here at camp to write a little about their experience here at Wildwood. So here's...

Guest Blog #1 - Kevin Mascaro

Day 1 - For the past two years I've heard about the experience of Wildwood and observed it from a distance (at home, reading the latest postings on the blog just as you are doing now) . . . This time I'm here in person and it's as amazing as hoped for! EVERYTHING done at Wildwood is intentional with the sole purpose of knowing God - not just knowing information about Him (which in itself is still worthy of praise), but truly knowing Him as Creator, Sustainer and Savior. Delighting in Him and determining that all is to be done in light of His will and good pleasure.

The surroundings are beautiful, the camp is rustic, the staff are friendly and servant-hearted, our Country is honored as we start and end the day at the flag pole, the Shema is quoted (see Duet. 6:4-5), God is worshiped at the fire pit through song and scripture, and soon we will be asleep in the tents. Evan, the camp Director, introduced the theme for this week (knowing God) during the evening session, and introduced us to Acts 13:22 where the reason God raised up David was because he was a man after God's own heart. How did he please God so? Because he was one who "will do all my will". Is this how God would describe me? You? I want more than anything else to be described this way. I'm trusting that God will grow me closer to this goal as a result of this week. Please pray for all of us here that we will humbly seek His face at Wildwood. (P.S. When not thinking of God, my mind dwells on you, Apriella.)

No comments: