Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"The most fun I've had all week!"

Today was work day for my tribe. I'm really proud of my students. We
worked all around camp picking up trash, washing cars, raking pine
needles, digging up rocks, and pulling grass & weeds out of the rocks
(pictured). Not once did I hear or even sense a complaint. The
students were just going with the flow and working and talking and
singing (a few Disney songs thanks to the iPhone).
One student commented "this is the most fun I've had all week!" and I
didn't even detect any sarcasm.
In all, a great morning.
Dinner will be interesting. We're all skipping lunch today. 60% of the
world only has one meal a day. 25% has no sustainable food source.
20% of the world (the US and Great Britain mostly) has 60% of the
food. We have no idea what that is like. Today isn't a fast, but just
going without a meal to give us a tiny taste of what that is like. Be
sure and ask your student about it. There's something specific going
on during dinner that will further reinforce this.
The week is defintely going great so far. Three of our students have
memorized Romans 12 so far.
Keep us in prayer as we continue through the week.
Rob

No comments: