Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So... where is all this going?

We’re going through these “Biblical Doctrines” right now. Where is all this taking us? I mean, are we just learning all this just because? Well, in some sense: yes. We study the Bible because it’s God’s Word spoken to us. The Bible is God’s revelation of Himself to us. In the Bible we find not only who God is, but who Jesus is, and what He’s done for us. In discovering who He is and who we are in light of that, things begin to make sense. We begin to understand what the problem is in the first place.
We don’t need psychology books to understand ourselves and others. What we need is to study and understand what the Bible teaches us. When we truly come to understand who we are and who God is according to the Bible, everything begins to make sense.
So as we continue studying some of the Basic doctrines (teachings) of the Bible, it opens our eyes to who we are, who He is, and what He does for us.
When I begin to understand all that God has done for me and what that really means, it fills me with a passion to live for Him. I downloaded a new album last week from a guy named Caleb Carruth. I found the song below on it. It really is a great song written from the perspective of someone who has been changed from the inside out and the response from their heart to God for all He has done.

I Will Call You Blessed
I can’t believe You’re mine, and I can’t believe I’m Yours.
Because only a Master’s hand could have devised and designed our course
Lost in Your beauty, and lost in the freedom
I can’t owe this to myself
What have I ever done that’s this good, this sweet, this right?

With one glance of Your eye, You’ve stolen my heart
All beautiful You are my darling
There is no flaw in You
Now I lack nothing, now there is peace
You have such patience with me; freely You give Your love
You’re so good, so sweet, so right

You are clothed in strength, and You are dressed in dignity
And with You He is saving me
You are all I wanted
You are all I need now
And I will call You Blessed

Gone are the good old days.
I have no need for useless things
I’ve found something better to last me forever
For You speak with wisdom
And faithful instruction
Many noble things, but You have surpassed them all
You’re so good, so sweet, so right

You are clothed in strength, and You are dressed in dignity
And with You He is saving me
You are all I wanted
You are all I need now
And I will call You Blessed

Copyright 2002 Caleb Carruth

1 comment:

flanagannotofthisworldcf said...

wow that is really touching

i know for a fact that once i was aved life was never the same and i can relate to being change i was a horrible person but God helped me with Immanuel Bapptist people they have more patients then the consoler im glad God choose me to be with HIm honestly i can say that i dont deserve the love that God shows me in my life day by day God i know that other people opinion doesnt matter i only care what u think of me id only cahnge for u