Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fourth Friday and other such musings...

So…
Rock Band.
Probably one of the more expensive video games out there. Now it does come with a lot of “stuff” but still, expensive.
And definitely worth every penny (especially since someone else bought it).
So the party on Friday night was great! We had our “old school game night” where the table of three adults and one student just barely edged out Scott Rice’s group to bring home the win. The “Cheating Table” as I like to call them, came in third place. I do have to admit, however, that after a careful investigation of all the evidence, that it appears they did NOT cheat on the iTunes game. How they were given the sheet with all the answers instead of the one with the blanks I’ll never figure out, but all the evidence says that they did not cheat (well, not during that game anyway)
But on to other things…

The Bearer of Good News…
Have you ever had someone say to you “do you want the good news or the bad news first?” It’s always quite a dilemma, isn’t it? I mean should I hear the bad news first and get it over with, then move on to the good news and finish strong?
Or should I do the good news first, then in the midst of my happiness I can hear the bad news and not be so upset because, hey! there’s good news too, and I just heard it.
Me, I always prefer the bad news first. I mean, just get it out and get it over with, then lets move on to the good stuff. That’s where I want to be anyway.
And if I have the opportunity to just be the bearer of the good news, with no bad, so much the better.
That’s the joy of the Christian life. Not only has He saved me, but I have the joy of being able to tell others about it. I don’t have to talk anyone in to anything. God has done ALL the work. First of all, that’s good news for me. If I didn’t do anything to earn it in the first place, I can’t do anything to mess it up. God saved me. Rob didn’t save Rob. Rob didn’t have anything to do with his salvation. God saved Rob. All God. No Rob. That alone is reason for me to celebrate.
But the really cool part is that God wants me to be the bearer of His Good News.

When I think about the Lord
How He saved me
How He raised me
How He filled me with the Holy Ghost
How He healed me to the uttermost

When I think about the Lord
How He picked me up and turned me around
And set my feet on solid ground
It makes me want to shout
Hallelujah, thank You Jesus
Lord You’re worthy of all the glory
All the honor, and all the praise

By James Huey Copyright 1998 CFN Music

3 comments:

flanagannotofthisworldcf said...

i wasnt there but i wish i was i was busy


knowing i am save gives me a reason to live
a reason to dance
a reason to stand
everyone who knows me know my father in heaven
i know that im not perfect but nither are you
but what makes the Father love us many dont know
all i can say is im not worth the love
no matter what i did say or do
he loves me til the end
im a fool to think im bigger and better then God i put worldly pleasure above God
I know it reget it now but why not then
a good God like God will be there for you in the end

-christina

Nicole said...

just a shout out from TX. Enjoy reading your blogs. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

love the street sign pic of the week but i'm not sure quite why... guess i was predestined to just like it ;-p