Thursday, January 17, 2008

So how does this impact my life?

So. God chose me just because He wanted to. If He decided show His love specifically to me, then it should consume all that I am. It should so penetrate my being that everything I am, everything I do, and everything I say reflects that. I get wrapped up in doing everything to thank, honor, and glorify Him. This whole concept brings me to a proper understanding of what worship is: Living my life in response to who He is and what He has done for me.

I love Him because He loved me. (1 John 4:10) I didn’t start loving and worshiping Him because I had it within myself. He gave me so much when He saved me. I really can’t ever thank Him enough, but I can do my best to live the life He has called me to live (Eph 2:8-10).

My response to all this is that I am overwhelmed with not just who He is but what He has done for me. The whole idea of Predestination makes it so intimate and personal. He chose me! He came to die .for me. (Titus 3:4). He chose me before the foundation of the world. Now that’s amazing!

1 comment:

Steve said...

You know.....you should be a preacher.....lol.

How come you don't copy this blog to MySpace? I can't help but think many folks who go there don't come here.

Just a thought.

I've been reading 1 John daily for a couple of weeks or so now(coincidently?[I think not] you suggested it too....oooHHH)cool how God has us on the same page, literally, depending on when you read & how fast...huh?!