Saturday, May 24, 2008

Does this make me a "Twit?"

So I'm liking this new "Twitter" thing.
Briefly, it's a sort of text-based blog. You can post a 140 character 'blog' if you're standing in line or headed somewhere cool for lunch (Chick-Fil-A comes to mind), then the people who are "following" you get the text.
I'm thinking it's a great way for us to build the "community factor" of the Student Ministry.
Here's how I see it:
We all sign up and "follow" each other.
Then we can keep up with what we're doing.
If someone is about to take a test & is worried, just post a "pray for me - hard math test in 10."
Everyone gets a text and can pray.
It's also good for keeping up with what all is going on in the Student Ministry.
Sort of a "mySpace bulletin" that's short and is sent directly to your phone via text.

Go to www.twitter.com and you can sign up. It's free. I'm "robsigns" so you should be able to find me pretty quick. The more of us that get on it, the more fun it will be.

Hope you have an amazing Memorial Day. I'll be Twitter-ing about it, so if you're following me, you'll stay posted!

Rob
<><

1 comment:

Nicole said...

been wanting someone to explain that whole thing to me!