Monday, February 22, 2010

Jonathan Edwards

So - I'm a big Jonathan Edwards fan. Back at the first SIX33 of the year (click here), we talked about New Year's Resolutions and how Biblical resolutions are and how helpful they can be to our overall spiritual life and growth.

Jonathan Edwards was a man of unwavering resolve. When he was 19, he wrote a series of resolutions and reviewed them weekly. It took him about a year, but he eventually had 70 resolutions written that he reviewed his entire life.

I have an app on my phone that randomly pops up one of his resolutions. This is the most recent one. I thought, considering the emphasis I've made on Ephesians 4:29 the past couple of weeks, that it was very appropriate. May you be edified by what Jonathan Edwards wrote so long ago:

Resolution #70
Let there be something of benevolence, in all that I speak.

No comments: