Sunday, December 6, 2009

Up and Stirring

So even though it's the Christmas season, you couldn't say "not a creature was stirring" last night. I was startled awake several times throughout the night thinking "is that a bear?!?!" Then I remembered I'm not camping (even though I'm sleeping in a sleeping bag) and that noise isn't a bear. It was the bear-like snoring of "Joe" (the name has been changed to protect the not-so-innocent snorer). Thankfully, I had my sound-isolating earphones with me, so I put them in, hit "play" and went back to sleep.

This morning is going to be a great morning. We'll be reading Colossians for our quiet time, then a quick bite of breakfast. Shep (the Youth Pastor here at Western Hills) will be coming up to pray with us shortly before the worship service begins to help us prepare our hearts for worship.
Then, in the worship service, our SIX33 Worship Band will be leading the congregation in worship as well as the SWC (Student Worship Choir) leading in a couple of songs.

I'm so thankful for the opportunity we have been given to lead this congregation in worship. Our worship band has worked hard to not only put together a great worship set with Scripture and Christ-honoring lyrics, but they've spent extra time rehearsing and preparing to lead this morning. Be praying for us as we lead this local body into God's presence this morning. Pray that we can truly come together to exalt God this morning.

There will certainly be much to report back this coming Wednesday at SIX33. All parents of the students who participated in the trip are invited to come and hear the students talk about their experience here. We'll be showing some slides from the trip as well as hearing about what God did both in and through us. (I'll give you a preview - when I asked the group last night "how many of you were able to share the Gospel, or participate in sharing the Gospel with someone this weekend?" I'm pretty sure I saw every hand go up!!!)

More to come later this morning as we participate in worship with the people of Western Hills...

No comments: