Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rob vs. the Rodent

So after several years of living in my current dwelling, I've finally planted a lawn. I have a 15'x15' backyard that, for the past few years, has gone back and forth between dirt and weeds and jungle many times.

Well on Thursday of this week I planted a lawn. I got some "fancy dirt" (to the tune of $5 a bag) and a couple bags of seed and followed the directions. It was easy to keep the lawn really wet yesterday with all the rain. So far, so good.

I awoke today to find a mound of dirt in my back yard. The evidence of a rodent popping up into my newly planted lawn. I was not pleased. So I've re-seeded the area and I'm going to keep a watchful eye on the back yard. And if it comes down to it, there might be an "incident" leading to the demise of said rodent.

I'll post pictures soon.

Rob
<><

No comments: